RABDF College Lecturers' Day 2012
The 2012 RABDF College Lecturers' Day was held on Wednesday 8th February 2012 at Hartpury College, Gloucester.
Twenty six delegates representing fifteen agricultural colleges located throughout the UK were brought up to speed with the latest developments in the dairy sector at the Royal Association of British Dairy Farmers’ annual college lecturers' day, this year hosted by Hartpury College. The event, specifically designed for agricultural lecturers, featured a series of presentations examining the current challenges facing the dairy industry.
The day featured the following presentations:
- Optimising the Milking System - Ian Ohnstad, Director, The Dairy Group
- Proactive youngstock management - investing in the future of the herd - Tim Potter, Westpoint Vets
- Reaping the benefits of Johne’s control - Ben Bartlett, NMR
- Sustainable Sheep Parasite Control - Lesley Stubbings
- Feeding 1.5 million dairy cows - Duncan Rose, Carrs Billington
- Protecting and promoting the public image of dairy farming - Helen Fina, Communications Manager, DairyCo
- Carbon Footprinting to the farm gate – a practical guide - Ewan McCombe, The E-CO2 Project
- The farmer vet partnership - the future - Andrew Praill, British Cattle Veterinary Association