Soil the hidden resource conference
The first Forage Field Conference titled "Soil - the hidden resource" was held on 22 October at Stoneleigh Park, Warwickshire. Organised by RABDF & BGS the event was kindly sponsored by Envirosystems - Principal Sponsor, Tried & Tested and British Seed Houses.
The day saw over 95 delegates learn about soil quality, micro organisms and NVZ regulations. The full timetable can be found here.
RABDF is grateful to all of the speakers who gave their time to attend the conference. The following presentations are now available to download:
- What do we know about soil? - Prof Brian Chambers, ADAS
- Why soil matters - making soil management interesting - Dr George Fisher
- The benefits of carbon for soil quality - Dr Jennifer Dungait
- Farming the life below ground to support pastures and stock - Dr Elizabeth Stockdale
- Application of micro-organisms in soils using slurry - Liz Russell, Envirosystems
- Healthy soils underpin productive farms - John Bailey, PâtureSens
- Covering the merits of different nitrogen sources and how the NVZ policies apply to each - Nigel Crane, Environment Agency
There will be a Forage Field feature at Livestock Event on 2nd & 3rd July at The NEC, Birmingham. For more information and to book tickets, please visit the Livestock Event website.