RUMA, the Responsible Use of Medicines in Agriculture Alliance, and the Veterinary Medicines Directorate (VMD) are pleased to announce they will be holding a conference November 3rd at the Sainsbury’s Conference Centre, Holborn, London
The conference will address four key subjects from both an animal and human medicine perspective:
- What do we mean by Responsible Use?
- What influences Responsible Use?
- Measuring and Monitoring Medicine use
- How do we communicate what we are doing?
Speakers and panellists will include:
- Nigel Gibbens - Chief Veterinary Officer
- Professor Dame Sally Davies - Chief Medical Officer
- Professor Guy Poppy - Chief Scientific Advisor to the FSA
- Professor Pete Borriello - Chief Executive Officer, VMD
- Dr. Chris Conlon – Consultant in Infectious Disease, Oxford Radcliffe Hospitals
- Professor Chris Butler – Primary Care – Oxford
- Mr John Blackwell - President of BVA
- Plus leading representatives from all the food animal species.
This conference will be of interest to anyone involved or interested in the use of medicines in food producing animals – farmers, vets, SQPs, food processors, quality assurance, MEPs, MPs, regulators, retailers, consumer groups and the media.
Cost will be £95 (no VAT). To book your place please complete the form below. If you have any queries please contact Jenny Townsend at NOAH on 0208 367 3131 who is coordinating replies on behalf of RUMA.
RUMA and the VMD are grateful to Sainsbury’s for their generous support in hosting this conference.
RUMA is a ‘not-for-profit’ alliance of 24 organisations representing every stage of the "farm to fork" process which aims to promote a coordinated and integrated approach to best practice in the use of medicines on farm.
As the UK regulatory authority, the VMD assures the safety, quality and efficacy of veterinary medicines.