Gold Cup Competition
The Gold Cup is the premier national dairy herds competition, recognising efficiency in commercial milk production.
The prestigious NMR/RABDF Gold Cup annual award is open to all dairy herds with official milk records and meeting the criteria of at least 100 cows in the herd, an annual average cell count of 200,000/ml or less and a £PLI value which is breed specific.
Entrants complete a detailed questionnaire giving herd performance data, including production, feed, health and fertility information.
Finalists are selected and visited by the team of judges, and each finalist is judged on factors such as physical and management performance, environmental schemes and their future plans for the dairy business.
The winner is announced and presented with the Gold Cup at Livestock Event in July.
For the latest information on this year's competition or to receive an electronic copy of the questionnaire please contact Victoria Chomiak firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0845 458 2711.
- 2016 Winner - R E Bugler & Partners, Pilsdon Dairy Farm, Bridport, Dorset
- 2015 Winner - Neil Baker, Rushywood Farm, Haselbury Plucknett
- 2014 Winner - Michael Eavis, Worthy Farm, Glastonbury
- 2013 Winner - The Higgins family, Wilderley Hall, Shrewsbury
- 2012 Winner - M Miller, Shanael Farms Ltd, Evesham
- 2011 Winner - Tom King, Vortex Holsteins, Dorchester
- 2010 Winner - Michael & Chris King, Kingspool Holsteins, Iron Acton
- 2009 Winner - G T & L M Spence, Lowfields Farm, Northallerton
- 2008 Winner - J F Cobbs & Sons, West Chaldon, Dorset
- 2007 Winner - I & S Macalpine, Landeside Farm, Clitheroe
To visit the NMR website please click here.