Six dairy units have made it into the final of this year’s NMR/RABDF Gold Cup competition and will be judged by a panel who will visit each of the herds ahead of the winner announcement at the Livestock Event in July.
This year’s Gold Cup finalists are:
- Neil Baker, Kingston Farms, Haselbury Plucknett, Somerset
- Messrs Harvey, Drum Farm, Beeswing, Dumfries
- Brian Yates, East Logan, Castle Douglas, Kirkcudbrightshire
- Fergus McDowall, Rerrick Farm, Dundrennan, Kirkcudbright
- Arthur Palmer, Oulton House Farm Ltd, Norbury, Staffordshire
- Philip Metcalfe, Washfold Farm, Leyburn, North Yorkshire
Read more on each finalist by clicking on their name above.
This year’s judges are RABDF Chairman, former Gold Cup winner and Lancashire-based Jersey producer Ian Macalpine, NMR Board member and Isle of Anglesey-based producer Trevor Lloyd; and 2012 Gold Cup winner from Worcestershire, Mike Miller.
The winner of the 2015 NMR/RABDF Gold Cup and the runner-up, who receives the NMR Silver Salver, will be announced at 4pm on the NMR stand at the Livestock Event, NEC Birmingham on July 8.
For more information on Livestock Event and to book your ticket, please visit www.livestockevent.co.uk