Finalists in the 2018 NMR/RABDF Gold Cup competition have been announced and include six Holstein herds across Scotland, England and Northern Ireland.
The line up is:
• The Firm of A Harvey, Drum Farm, Beeswing, Dumfries
• Metcalfe Farms, Washfold Farm, Leyburn, North Yorkshire
• Tomlinson Bilsrow, Bilsborrow Hall Farm, Preston, Lancashire
• Stephen and Mark Montgomery, 21 Gorticross Road, Drumahoe, Co Londonderry
• Halton Farms, Chance Hall Farm, Moreton-cum-Alcumlow, Cheshire
• Stowell Farms, West Stowell, Marlborough, Wiltshire
The 2018 judges, RABDF chairman and south Gloucestershire-based producer Mike King, NMR’s Jonathan Davies, Somerset-based producer and former Gold Cup winner Neil Baker, and Rob Hitch, partner with Dodd & Co accountants, Carlisle, inspect all six units and consider their dairy unit performance. They will name the winner and runner-up of the 2018 NMR RABDF Gold Cup at the Dairy-Tech event, Stoneleigh Park, Warwickshire on February 6, 2019.