Prince Philip Award 2017
Closing date for entries is 28th July 2017
Please complete the form below
By submitting this form, I confirm that I wish to enter the above product/service for the RABDF Prince Philip Award 2017, subject to the conditions, a copy of which I have read and understood. I further undertake to ensure that this entry form is returned to the RABDF by 28th July 2017 and it is accompanied by a description of the product/service and supporting documentation/evidence. I accept that the decision of the judges shall be final.
Conditions of entry
- The winner of the award will receive a 10% discount (maximum of £300) off their stand booking at Dairy-Tech 2018. They will also benefit from a podium on which to display their product/service. Details of sizes etc will be confirmed to the winner once they have been announced.
- The competition is open to any individual, research centre, educational establishment, agricultural organisation or trade exhibitors (provided their entry complies with the conditions of the competition)
- Entries making a claim for a new development/product must produce, with their entry, evidence/trial results for the judges to evaluate
- A company/individual may only make a single entry
- Information on all products/services must be submitted to RABDF for confirmation of eligibility
- The results will be announced on the RABDF website on Wednesday 6th September
- Entries, for which no fee is payable, must be submitted on the official entry form and signed by a senior representative of the organisation concerned
- Each entry must be accompanied by a detailed description of the exhibit along with supporting literature, links to on-line demonstrations etc.
- The judges, appointed by the RABDF, will have a spread of expertise and knowledge covering both practical farming, research and development work, education and the commercial application and presentation of products. They will not be in anyway associated with the award entrants
The judges will award points as follows:
- Contents of the product/service insofar as it promotes sound agricultural practice or technique in any aspect of dairy farming 35 points
- Effectiveness of presentation in attracting attention and communicating the principle, practice or system being promoted 20 points
- Innovatory aspects of the entry (introduction of new ideas, systems or principles) 25 points
- Effectiveness of supporting literature or materials 20 points
Total 100 points