Tuesday 18 June 2019
Metcalfe Farms, Washfold Farm, Leyburn, North Yorks, DL8 5JZ
This year's Gold Cup Open Day takes place at Metcalfe Farms and is hosted by brothers Philip, David and Brian Metcalfe.
Philip manages the dairy herd on 525 hectares of the farm’s 1,300ha. Metcalfe Farms were crowned as this year’s Gold Cup winner at Dairy-Tech due to their high level of focus in all areas of the dairy business, enabling the farm to grow from the results and profits generated whilst achieving a high level of health and welfare in their cows and youngstock.
This is a free entry event but pre-registration is essential, this can be done via the button below.
*please note if you are a supplier of Metcalfe Farms you will need an alternative trade stand booking form and can get this by emailing email@example.com
What’s going on?
10:30am: Gates open
11:15am: RABDF welcome, Matthew Knight
11:20am: Introduction to the farm, Philip, Brian, David Metcalfe
11:35am: Market predictions and trends, Chris Walkland
12noon: Talks begin (taking place at stations around the farm, every hour)
• LifeStart: Optimising Early Life Nutrition: Georgina Thomas, Trouw Nutrition
• Feeding for health and performance: Anna Sutcliffe, KW Alternative Feeds; Mark Hall, Premier Nutrition and Hefin Richards, Rumenation Nutrition Consultancy
• Optimising the milking system: Ian Ohnstad, The Dairy Group
• Continuous improvement: An overview of wins, losses and draws in herd health: Phil Alcock, Bishopton Vets
Make sure you also visit the farms other key features, including:
• The 1,300 pedigree Holstein herd
• Anaerobic digester, converting all farm slurry into electricity
• Calving and youngstock
• Feeding robots
• Boumatic 72 point external rotary parlour
• TMR feeder
• Interactive information stations with staff members
• A wide range of trade exhibitors